I am happy to announce the 3.0 release of the Managed Fusion URL Rewriter & Reverse Proxy. Since my previous release in February I have been working hard on a significant rewrite of the core, that to be honest really needed refactoring if I hoped to extend the rewriter is some interesting ways in the future.
If you would like to find out more about the past releases please visit us at http://www.managedfusion.com/products/url-rewriter/release-notes.aspx
- Breaking Change Configuration in the web.config has been reorganized.
- Major rewrite to the URL Rewriter to provide better performance and more reliable logging.
- Major update to the proxy handler, it is much faster, and provides an exact duplication of headers from the proxied server.
- Fixed many issues with the chunked encoding, so you are now able to proxy web based services, such as SVN.
- Full rewrite of the rule, condition, and flag handling system to provide better performance and more flexibility for developers.
- More extensibility points have been created for developers interested in creating their own handlers for rules, conditions, and flags.
- More extensive testing of internal mechanics of the rewriter.
- Added thread safety to the Apache rule set refresh.
- Added initial support for Microsoft UrlRewriter IIS 7 module, this will provided a starting point for extension of the Microsoft configuration to support proxying and other more advanced Apache features.